Eating in Singapore

Posted by Gingerblossom at 5:45 AM

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Everytime I go home, I eat at least 4 meals a day. This time, I ate less. Stomach wasn't feeling too good and for once in a very long time, I didn't crave supper. Nonetheless, I still ate quite a bit.
Highlights
1. Crepe with nutella filling served with Nougatine Ice Cream --- Canele at B1 of Raffles City. Shared this Addy & I swear I was high on sugar till 2am. But it was sooooooo yummy. 
2. Chicken Rice at the coffee shop beside Bukit Merah Branch of the National Library. The chef apparently use to work at Chatterbox. The chilli sauce and ginger condiment was fantastic! The chicken was moist and tender. I enjoyed it immensely.
3. $1 traditional ice cream with bread from the ice cream uncle at Telok Blangah. This uncle has been selling ice cream there since I was a kid! He still comes on weekday evenings after his afternoon stint at Orchard Road. I love the ice cream. It's not as innovative nor milky as the Haagen Daz or Ben & Jerry's but this is the ice cream I grew up on. When I was a tubby kid of 4, I remember hassling my mum until she bought me the raspberry ripple  ice cream with the 2 wafer biscuits or the attap chee ice cream with bread. no wonder I was so tubby... 
4. Our usual Bah Chor Mee at Crawford Street - Dan's fav. We went through a lot of trouble to eat this. We got there on Monday to meet Dan's friends and discovered that the stall's closed for the day!!! We went again on Wed and were rewarded for our 30min bus ride. 
5. Old Tiong Bahru Bah Kut Teh - our usual weekend brunch place. The soup is sweet, the salted veg is cooked till soft but retains its salty sweet flavour... yum yum yum!
6. Seafood at Labrador Park - There's a hotel located out there now and a quiet little seafood place cum bar. The food's alright. Not Palm Beach but their Crab fried with salted egg is absolutely finger licking good! A great place to chill out. 
7. Western Food at Botak Jones - Dan's dad brought us to the Botak Jones located somewhere in Bukit Batok. This has got to be the best coffee shop western food I've ever had! I had the Chilli Dawg, which was dang gud! The servings are also pretty big. Definitely good value for money. 
We also went to a local brewery called Archipelago at Circular Road. Beers are flavoured with Asian ingredients such as tamarind, kafir lime etc... I'm not too sure if I like it but it was definitely interesting.  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum Yum!
Been missing Singapore a lot a lot lately.

Planning to return home soon to have my fill!

Unknown said...

I was on a sugar high from the crepe till 3am lor!!! But it was fun and totally worth it :)

Hope to seeya soon! SQ got promo now so I might consider visiting :P

Gingerblossom said...

Judebabe:It's less than 2 days and I miss home already!

Addy: SQ flight that we took too and fro were 70% empty! No wonder they're having promos. Come again before it gets too warm to wear your fab winter finds!

Unknown said...

not to mention about my shopping paradise(s)