Almost martha

Posted by Gingerblossom at 8:26 AM

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Martha Stewart's famous for her living ideas ranging from cooking to sewing to decorative crafts. If they sold her magazines in BJ, I may be her biggest fan. I can't believe I'm such a dork!! So why would I be a big fan? I love making stuff and I love DIY home improvement projects. Ok. Cooking - not my thing but I have tried to make simple meals in the past few months of bumming at home.  


These couple of weeks I've: 
1. Bought and put up vinyl "tatoos" for the new PVC toilet doors back in Singapore. That's the green tree made up of little hearts... which i spent the night sticking up.

2. Made a ching chong lantern for Chinese New Year which I'm going to hang up tomorrow.
3. Cooked American Ginseng Chicken soup with Maggi & Eu Yan Sang's soup concentrate ( this is quite yummy by the way. If you can't cook ( like me), this concentrate is ab fab. I think it's available in NTUC and Cold Storage outlets around Singapore. The soup is sweet and very fragrant. My only quibble was that there were too little wolfberries provided. I added more of cos I like wolfberries. Also added some baby cabbage to the soup so that we could have a 1 dish meal.  The cooking instructions said 1 litre of water but I added a bit more having bought a giant 1/2 chicken to add into the soup. It still tasted pretty good to me! 
4. Bought acrylic paint with intentions to paint my cheap ikea foldable table. I don't mean paint it in 1 color . I mean attempting to create a landscape! My artwork sucks big time. I'm still going to attempt it anyway. 

I've done other strange stuff previously in Singapore such as sew simple curtains and cushion covers, put up mosaic tiles on my wall to hide a bad paint job, varnish my parents kitchen cabinets which have suffered too much sun exposure, paint a table, paint cookie jars, stencil curtains, design and handmade my own wedding invites and wedding favors, and even inventing my own way of steaming a bun ( because I really didn't know how...) 

So... I'm glad that I've had these past few months to explore the "Martha Stewart" in me. Hmm.. I'm wondering what else would be interesting to try... pottery maybe? 

0 comments: