The bag I didn't buy

Posted by Gingerblossom at 7:19 PM

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Yesterday at Changi airport, I went to look at bags. Not something I usually do. But there was a Mulberry boutique and I simply had to take a peek. I like the Mulberry look - the supple leather, classic designs and fact that the logo is almost invisible makes their bags all the more alluring to me - same reasons I want an Hermes bag :P 


Anyway, I stepped into Mulberry and saw a bag with my name written all over it. It was deep navy horsehair Roxanne. I couldn't find a pix of the bag online but this is the regular leather Roxanne. 

It felt as if Cupid just shot me. I was in luuuurve. And the bag was on 60% discount! But after much contemplation with Daniel in the background going " up to you", I decided NOT to buy it. The bag at full price was about SG$3,700. 60% sounds cheap but when I thought more about it, I would be spending SG$1500 on a bag... while I'm unemployed... hmm.. that amount buys me a new sofa and coffee table for our SG flat. So I steeled myself to the intense disappointment and walked away... 

2 comments:

ginaloh said...

Aiya..find a similar one in Beijing market. Dont quote me on that otherwise police catch. tsk tsk

lovexiaolongbao said...

gingerblossom> i think roxanne suits you. i like the mabel... it's on my "eventually i'll get" list.