Why I HATE World of Warcraft (WOW)

Posted by Gingerblossom at 11:45 PM

Monday, December 15, 2008

Wow... I really hate WOW. Wait. Hate is not strong enough... abhor.. detest.. loathe..
Why? Here's why:
1. It's taken away my weekend brunches. We only eat lunch AFTER the morning game. And if you know me, you'll know that I'm a total monster when I am hungry. I do not deal well with hunger.

2. It causes me to go to bed far too late... at 1.30am everyday. So if you wonder why I wake so late, it's cos I sleep so late.

3. I wake up on weekends alone... or only with Ody for company.

4. I end up watching TV alone or with the 2 cats for company.

5. It's taken away movie nights ( this has also got to do with the fact there are no nice movies in the cinemas here and it's ridiculously expensive)

6. I only get a maximum of 1.5hr of Daniel's time on weekdays. That's 45mins in the kitchen and 45mins over dinner. It's only now that I'm unemployed that I feel this most keenly. I used to come home late from work (not by choice I assure you) and after dinner I usually had some other work to do. So it didn't feel as bad to be "ignored" over WOW and online friends. But now that I'm home all the time, the disparity in hours I get vs WOW is blindingly clear. WOW gets at least 4hrs. I get 1.5hrs at most. Maybe I should just go back to work. Work the night shift.

7. It's taken away the spontaneity of each day. We can't go out spontaneously on weekdays. We have to be home by 9pm Mon, Wed, Thurs. If we're not home and in front of the PC, someone gets calls from halfway around the world to hurry him home. I swear, if I pick up any of these calls, the person on the other line will DIE A HORRIBLE DEATH.

8. It's given me back a Daniel whose mind is not quite there with me if he can't play or surf information on WOW. So we end up staying home... him playing WOW. Me doing whatever it is I have done for the past 10yrs entertaining myself. Daniel should be glad I have so many little hobbies.

9. It's taken away companionable reading. Because I'm the only one reading a BOOK. Other people are killing "bosses" . I miss our weekend trips to the National Library back home...

10. It's turned me into a nag. I hated my parents nagging me but I'm turning into a nag myself no thanks to WOW. The usuals are, "It's time for bed. Stop playing." (from 12.00am-1am), "Can we get changed and go eat lunch now?" ( weekends from 11.30am-12.30pm), "You said you'll be done at 7pm. I'm really hungry, can we cook dinner now?" ( weekends from 7.15pm-8pm, by which time I'm starving)

You may think it's funny. But it's not. If I could turn back the clock and change history, I would make sure that computer gaming was never invented and Blizzard ( developers of WOW) never got started. Maybe then, I would get Daniel back from their evil clutches.

0 comments: