The difference between 21 & 31

Posted by Gingerblossom at 12:13 AM

Thursday, December 18, 2008

1. At 21, my mum gave me my 1st diamond. A simple but beautiful solitaire pendant. Daniel got me the white gold chain to wear with it. At 31.... I don't think I'm getting any more rocks unless I buy them myself.

2. At 21, I was stick thin at 43kg. That was having suffered the flu bug for over 2 months. My bones were really prominent - cheekbones, collarbone, hip bone, wrists, ankles... whatever could stick out, stuck out. I remember wishing fervently for better health then (who wouldn't when you've been sick for so long and can barely walk without breaking out in cold sweat??). At 31, I am proud to say that I'm relatively healthy with good blood pressure, heart rate and BMI!

3. At 21, wrinkles seem impossible. At 31, you check the mirror every night to make sure wrinkles aren't appearing!

4. At 21, you think you know everything. At 31, you realise how little you actually know.

5. At 21, you can party till 4am, eat supper then still wake up in time for lectures the next morning looking fresh. At 31, it's just too tiring to even think of doing the same thing and waking up early the next day. Not to mention how haggard you'll look!

6. At 31, you have a little more money to spend so you can give yourself something nice for your birthday. ( My present to myself was the trip to Lijiang) At 21, you've hardly got a cent of your own and have to wait for presents!

7. At 21, you want to tell everyone that now you're an adult and can do what you want! After 31, you seldom want people to know how old you really are....

8. At 21, your family & friends throw you a big party. At 31, they send you an sms with well wishes if they even remember your birthday. Hahaha! I have to admit being bad with remembering birthdays...

9. At 21, running 5km seemed a breeze. At 31... well... I still have to say it is a breeze. Just a sloooooweeeeer breeze...

10. At 21, you're excited about your birthday. At 31, it's just like any another day.

6 comments:

lovexiaolongbao said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! ok la i buy u present ok... say until so kor lian.

Anonymous said...

happy birthday!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I think I am definitely more confident about myself than I was much younger.
Confidence and wisdom grow with age. :)

Gingerblossom said...

LXLB: Ah? you buying me a diamond???? Muah haha. Thanks again or carrying the macbook back to BJ!
Judebabe: thank you for the well wishes!

QooFamily Blog said...

well...at 31, it's the starting year towards MID 30S!!!!!!!!!!!
Welcome to 'approaching Mid 30s!"
Xian ah..

shan said...

AH... guilty as charged - with a sms!!! :(
Glad you had a great one!