Where's the snow?

Posted by Gingerblossom at 2:08 AM

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

It was supposed to snow today in Beijing. First snowfall for winter 08... It did snow. But just a little bit. I guess the city is too warm and dry for much snow. There's hardly enough to wet the ground! My hopes of seeing a snow covered city were dashed when I peeked out of the window this morning and saw... just another gloomy foggy day. On the bright side, the lack of snow = normal traffic = I could run around easily to get my work permit cancelled.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Saw on the news yesterday that the snow was thicker in the west suburbs.
Its still early. Maybe... Maybe there's more...
I saw a lot of snow here in Yuncheng in January this year! But the last winter was exceptionally cold.

Gingerblossom said...

argh...every winter, I see snow only once or max twice. It never snows enough to cover all the grime!