New pet project

Posted by Gingerblossom at 8:12 AM

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

When I just arrived in Beijing, I was unemployed and bored. Hearing Daniel talk about how miserably cold he was when he arrived in Early May and how a scarf would have been helpful protection against the sandstorms, I hit on a brainwave - I shall make him a scarf!!! And I proudly declared to him that I would have one ready for him come winter. So off I went looking for the necessary tools and materials. I got the crochet needle, got the wool and finally got started. But I never ended....
2.5yrs later, that scarf never materialized and I've given up crochet because it's terribly hard! I tried knitting instead but ran out of wool after making a 20cm x 15cm square that now graces the cats' seats.

If first you don't succeed, try and try again! So that's what I've decided to do. Finally got off my ass to buy some wool today. Was a little smarter : a) Bought enough for a scarf b) Bought local wool which costs a fraction of the imported merino wool!!! Total expenditure was 32 RMB. Figured I shouldn't spend too much in case my new pet project never reaches completion ( I've had other half-done projects lying around... like that Suzy's Zoo cross stitch I started when I was 16. Fifteen years later and it's not done!!!)

I've started on a bit today and I'm really keeping my fingers crossed that it gets completed... before this winter is out. So if you see me wearing a pink and blue striped scarf this winter, congratulate me on the completion ok?


4 comments:

lovexiaolongbao said...

u're knitting and u have cats. wonder what kind of stereotype that is... haha. JOKING.

Gingerblossom said...

yea... i know... AND I talk to myself... all I need now is a rocking chair!

Unknown said...

hahah! some grey hair will complete the look :P

Gingerblossom said...

you don't see the grey cos I've had it colored and colored and colored...In reality I'm a crochety old lady who wears fluffy slippers, sits on a rocking chair and kits while flanked by her 2 cats. hahaha