And a gloomy day passes...

Posted by Gingerblossom at 8:04 AM

Thursday, October 23, 2008


This should have been written yesterday but I was too excited about the knitting. It was dark and gloomy yesterday with very low visibility and sharp bite to the air. All in all, a normal Beijing pre-rain day.

Still, I managed to brighten up the day with:
1. wool-gathering ( literally gathering wool... from the shop. haha)
2. a steaming bowl of fried pork chop served with noodles ( 35 RMB) for lunch at Din Tai Feng located on L6 of Shin Kong Mall. I ate with me, myself and the Hungry Rambler.
3. A long walk around JinSong to find the Subway station
4. Spot of window shopping at The Place ( yes.. it's called THE PLACE)
5. Sighting of a PINK Suzuki Swift. I like! Now... if only I could drive...
6. A sumptous homestyle Thai dinner with Dan & friends at Aroy-D, located within the Fu Li Cheng Estate near Shuang Jing Subway station. It's really tiny and food is something you expect to eat in a Thai household. Spending just 260 RMB ( SG$52), the five of us at dinner had:
a. Tom Yum Goong
( this was alright. I would have liked it spicier)
b. Pork Neck salad ( Super yum. Pork was succelent and tender)
c. Fried egg with bittergourd ( simple pleasure)
d. Thai Basil Chicken
( Not quite what I expected. Had plenty of other veg thrown in)
e. Prawn Cakes
( you can taste the prawn! )
f. Chicken green curry
( Would have liked the curry to be slightly thicker)
g. Kang Kong fried with prawn paste
( We forgot to tell them we wanted it spicy. It would have been tastier that way!!)
h. 3 bottles of Yanjing Beer

It was a satifying meal that didn't break the bank. We could barely finish all the food!

0 comments: