Eating in Singapore

Posted by Gingerblossom at 7:44 AM

Thursday, September 11, 2008

So there I was today walking from our house to the bus interchange ( it's a 15min walk) thinking, "I've eaten so much in the past few days. Should skip lunch" But then... I reached the Bukit Merah Hawker centre and succumbed to temptation to eat a plate of Hainanese Chicken Rice and ice cold glass of sugar cane juice. I was hot and parched so the juice tasted like nectar. All that walking also made me real hungry, hence the rice.

Then it occurred to me what was the other thing I missed about home! It's not just the food, it's the easy accessibility to delicious glorious food 24/7. Seriously! I was trudging from Little India to Jalan Besar to look for a shop selling hobs. And at every 10 paces, I swear there was a coffee shop/ hawker centre/ Indian restaurant ( afterall, we're in Little India) . We're not talking about main roads. I was walking along little lanes and HDB carparks and when I got hungry, lo & behold! there's a little coffeeshop in a corner selling Hokkien Prawn Noodle. I could smell the pork lard frying from a distance.

It's amazing there are still so many skinny Singaporeans.

3 comments:

shan said...

How come it's all local food?!?!? ahhhhhhhhh.... envious!

Unknown said...

hahah! there's a reason why Expressions and all the other slimming centres are flourishing.

lovexiaolongbao said...

hello!! Wow, i am super hungry now.Thanks for adding me! i can stalk ur blog now.