New Kitchen, New Job

Posted by Gingerblossom at 2:15 AM

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Completed kitchen

Built in bookcase in the old dining area.. to hide a gas pipe!


The kitchen is well and truly done today after the gas man came and completed the final 1% of the reno works - connecting the gas supply.

It couldn't have been completed at a better time! I start work this Thursday afternoon with a client meeting. Ironically, it is the client I sought to escape from for a while by skipping from a PR agency to an experience marketing agency. Thankfully, I'll be working with nice client contacts here and this is just one project. I will still get to work on a variety of clients, which was the main reason I went back to an agency. It's tiring and you're at the mercy of clients but you really get to learn a lot and focus on getting work done rather than play internal politics. I've never been good at games or pretense.

With the kitchen done and house 90% in order, I feel that it's about time to go back to work. I'll run out household things to do soon. As it is, the buying of lights, sinks, taps etc etc was driving me slightly crazy. I don't think I want to repeat the experience any time soon!

2 comments:

QooFamily Blog said...

The kitchen looks neat! Good job..Congrats on your new job! oh yes,,the long working hours start...

Gingerblossom said...

Thanks! Looks better compared to the old peach colored walls which I hated!

And yes, it starts again...