The heat is on!

Posted by Gingerblossom at 9:41 AM

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Landed few hours ago in Guangzhou. First impression - very HOT. It was 29 deg when we landed. 

My dad's in GZ too. He's heading off tomorrow towards Nanning. Got to see my dad for couple mins at the airport before I headed to the hotel with my colleagues. So that was real nice even if it was only for a few mins. 

Had a v late dinner. Most places were already closed but we managed to find a decent little restaurant to eat. The soup was ab fab. The great meal has put me in a more positive mood for tomorrow's ordeal... where we have to rehearse our presentation with our client contact before the actual presentation to a bigger audience on Tuesday. The heat is on for me to learn what I need to say in Mandarin and hopefully remember to say the right thing on Tuesday!   Have this awful vision that I will start in Mandarin and less than 2 sentences later, revert to an all English presentation :( . It has happened before and after that I had my chinese presentations scripted. Scripted, I can memorize. On the fly, I can't translate lots of industry terms much less a full concept which is set in stone in my head... in English, not Chinese! 


0 comments: