Desperately seeking the old Hungry Rambler

Posted by Gingerblossom at 4:35 AM

Sunday, March 8, 2009

I don't know if its because I haven't worked in a while or if something else has changed inside my head,  but somehow, work doesn't feel the same. It's the same office, pretty much the same people, same type of work but somehow, I've felt like something important was missing.


It hit me what it was on Thursday morning.  What's missing is the passion I use to feel for my work, that little spark that made me willing to stay late or work from home till 2 in the morning, that desire to not just complete the task, but to complete it beautifully.

That old Hungry Rambler seems to have disappeared. In her place is someone who knows that going home to prep and have dinner with Dan is a zillion times more satisfying than pulling off an event. An event is just an event What impact does it have to the betterment of my life? None.  So the new Hungry Rambler is trying to reconcile work with this new attitude. While sitting at my desk at 10.30pm one evening, I almost wished for the old Rambler to come back. The Old Rambler wouldn't have felt that awful staying late at work. She wouldn't have felt that it's a waste of time.  She would have taken some pride in finishing that silly proposal.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

it's just a phase... you'll get over it and will soon get all excited about work again. And if everything fails, you can definitely go back to being your semi-tai tai-dom.
*hugs*

Gingerblossom said...

i certainly hope so... otherwise work will be a chore!

lovexiaolongbao said...

last time work wad ur passion. now work just finances ur passion. no need to pia la. just do enough.

QooFamily Blog said...

u workaholic lah! no need work so hard lah..everyday till midnight can go 'xiao' lah... ;)
agree with xiaolongbao...heehee..