Madden about Burgers

Posted by Gingerblossom at 12:40 AM

Monday, November 17, 2008

Dan's new shoes


Dan & I spent an idyllic Sunday at Sanlitun The Village. I managed to coax him away from the new WOW update for a short while ( Hurray!).

I was at the same place for 2 consecutive days. Why? While shopping with Addy on Sat, we saw a new burger joint at Nali Mall. I HAD to try it. I've been wanting to eat a burger for the longest time. Not the crapo fast food burger. It had to be a gi-normous burger that would sate my ever hungry self. And SATISFIED I was at the new Let's Burger. I had the Cheeseburger for 58 RMB and Daniel had the Classic at 48RMB. The prices are a little steep for burgers that aren't served with any sides but the burgers were excellent. Juicy and of a good size. Not as big as Carl's junior burgers you find in Singapore. But big enough to fill you up. Between both of us, we also had a Mango Smoothie ( 32RMb) and Spicy Fries ( 25RMB). The smoothie was fantastic! Had little chunks of mango below. The fries were thick-cut, more like chips than skinny fries, and well seasoned. There was a sauce bar where you can select out of 11 dips for your fries. We tried the hot & sour sauce, the honey mustard and the mexicana. The first 2 went well with fries but I think the Mexicana may have gone better with chicken wings which the burger joint also serves.
our sumptous burger meal!
Other reason for being at Sanlitun? There was a sale going on at Steve Madden. Since I'm not earning any money, I figured I shouldn't be spending any . But Daniel did need a new pair of shoes and the men's range was on sale at Steve Madden. If you've tried men's shoe shopping in Beijing, you'll realise that (a) the formal styles are hopelessly hopeless (b) ridiculously expensive since you probably need to buy branded for it to look half decent (c) it's only possible to buy decent sneakers which obviously don't go with everything.

So I was real glad to see that the men's shoes on sale were really nice. They were also reasonably priced ranging from 350 - 1300 RMB ( about SG$70- SG$260) after discount for leather shoes. So after a couple of tries, we found the perfect replacement pair!
I must say, it was a most enjoyable Sunday…
Addresses
Let's Burger
D101a, Nali Patio, 81 Sanlitun Beijie, Chaoyang District
朝阳区三里屯北街81号那里花园D101a
Steve Madden
F9-13, The Village at Sanlitun, 19 Sanlitun Lu, Chaoyang District
朝阳区三里屯南路19号三里屯Village, F9-13

3 comments:

lovexiaolongbao said...

i also just went to Let's Burger and posted it on my blog! such a coincidence. i like it too. Les thinks it's a bit too ex.

QooFamily Blog said...

Daniel's shoes is a good buy! nice square front. too bad i wasn't at the sale..

Unknown said...

i'm still longing for me bag!! my red bag!!
:(
:(
:(