lost my phone & ipod

Posted by Gingerblossom at 9:30 AM

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Very sad... lost both items at my event last wed. I was running around and *poof* i lost my phone.  I tried looking for it in JW Marriot, the tunnel linking Marriot with Ritz, the Ritz, all the loos... i couldn't find it. 


After the event ended, we were having dinner at midnight when I realised that my ipod was also missing. I used it as a storage device to transfer some presentation files at our event. Panic. I ran back to both hotels and scoured the rooms. Hotel security nearly kicked me out saying non- authorised folks weren't allowed in the ballroom, only workers with passes.  I made the security walk through the hotels with me after yelling at them " do I look like a worker??" ( there were some folks tearing down out event venue)  I asked the AV guys packing up if they saw my ipod and even the lights guys. No one saw it. One said he remembered me unplugging it from the system and running off.. I couldn't remember a thing I was too tired. 

I'm just annoyed with the loss of the phone. Means I lost all my contacts and have to get everyone to give me their nos. again.

The heartbreaking part was losing my ipod. It's got a lot of music that I spent time loading, a lot of information that i store in there and most important of all, it was a valentine's day gift from Daniel in 2006. It's old but it had sentimental value. So that's made me sad. I think Dan's upset that i didn't take better care with my things too... to lose 2 items in 1 night. 

In fact, I almost lost my jacket too. For some strange reason, my client found it in his room that night. I think one of his colleagues stuffed it in the wrong bag or he took it by accident cos I spent the whole afternoon looking for it in our production room but it was gone. He realised it was mine when I sent a mass mail to everyone that was in that room to look for my missing stuff the next day. I was quite annoyed with him and told him that he made me suffer a very cold day in the hotel and a very very cold walk home at midnight AND why the hell would he want a jacket that he's obviously too big to fit into??? In fact, which dummy would put it in his bag or even want to take my jacket?? It is extremely small. I can barely wear it and honestly, there's no one in that team that's small enough to fit in it. Ah well... least I got back 1 out of 3 items. 

1 comments:

Unknown said...

*hugs*
Don't be too upset lah.