Brunch at Maison Boulud

Posted by Gingerblossom at 6:51 AM

Sunday, March 28, 2010


Had brunch with the boss and colleagues today at Maison Boulud. Also got to meet a couple of interesting people from Taiwan - a really fun and down to earth stylist who owns 2 cats ( in my mind, any cat owner's got to be a great person - a cool beauty editor who's just relocated to Beijing and a business woman who's apparently well known in Taiwan because she brings in the biggest names in luxury.. this lady is checking out locations to set up shop in Beijing I think... I obviously don't know who this lady was but I perked up my ears when my lunch companions mentioned she brought in Balenciaga, Camper and several other familiar brands into Taiwan. I was intrigued...

Back to the most yummy brunch ... I ordered Eggs Benedict ( my fav). The egg was done to perfection - the white was a firm film holding in the gooey yellow goodness of the viscous-y yolk. It sat upon a bed of boiled spinach, a slice of ham and muffin and was discreetly drizzled with Hollandaise sauce. It was awesome! We also had a selection of appetizers - the escargots and beef tartare are dishes I'm sure to go back for. After lunch, we had complimentary dessert ( thanks to our boss who goes there so often). I totally enjoyed the trio of sorbet, especially the tart passionfruit flavor. Also loved the decadent chocolate tart!
You can bet I'll be back for another brunch

0 comments: