Invite to a wedding

Posted by Gingerblossom at 6:29 PM

Sunday, October 25, 2009

I received and invite last night together with the most gorgeous sari for an old friend's upcoming wedding in Dec. So excited!!!!! Both for my friend and of course excited on a personal level lah. This will be the first and likely only indian wedding I get invited to.  For my friend, I'm just very happy to see that he is happy with where life is taking him now. 


The groom ( my friend of 15 years) claims its going to be a circus with an estimated 2000 people turning up throughout the day. Can you imagine?? 2000 people??? In the context of a typical chinese wedding, that's 200 tables of guests to entertain. Poor guy has to entertain the WHOLE DAY. It's non stop action from the time he wakes up.  

The groom has plenty of Chinese friends ( this is singapore after all)  and he knows how much we're all looking forward to attending his wedding. I mean, a bunch of us girls have been planning what to wear since 1995! It's essentially getting an exotic sari so that we blend in with the rest of the guests. Well... sort of blend in.  I need longer hair.  The sweet guy knows this and got his mum to get each of us a sari from India when she went there on a buying trip. He even indicated what colours to buy! Staring at the sari he got me, I realised that the color looks very similar to a dress I once had made of sari material.  That was my fav dress for the longest time until i got too fat to wear it.  The sari I've got also has little bling iron on crystals on it... My friend knows me well... I like bling. Hahaha.. 

Another friend got a vibrant turquoise. It's so her color! Funny thing is, it's actually peacock blue... a certain school that she studied in had the same shade uniform :P 

I'll post photos of the sari another time!!

0 comments: