New office is nice but...

Posted by Gingerblossom at 8:01 AM

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The ladies room is a bit freaky. I thought it was just me but turns out, some other people think so to. Only discovered it this morning when we were talking about getting a fright when people appear around the bend in the office late at night. 


The new office is big and fairly well lit. I even have a window seat now! But the public spaces like the lift landing, lift and toilets are dimly lit. I have to stay pretty late these couple of days and thankfully I leave the office with a colleague. At 10pm, the lift landing is DARK and inside the dim lift there are several mirrors...I feel goosebumps.

Back to the main freaky. The toilet. There are 2 ladies toilets on the floor and once is inside our office. the other is used by another company sharing the floor. The ladies toilet inside our office is far nicer than the old one at Soho. I didn't like it much the first time I went in. I guess it was cos of the dim lights. After a few times I literally wanted to hurry out of the loo.. today I realised why...

The toilet emits strange noises. One of it sounds like a woman sighing. Really. I kid you not. Raises the hair on the back of my neck. My colleague and I have figured its because of the water pressure and piping. You hear the noise if someone on another floor turns on the tap. There's a logical explanation but that still doesn't make it any less scary. Especially in a very quiet office in the middle of the night.  Doesn't help that there are 2 locked doors in the loo that leads to goodness-knows-where. Ugh!!  Creepy.